You own everything that happened to you. Tell your stories. If people wanted you to write warmly about them, they should have behaved better. ~ Anne Lamott

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Am Proud

Am also sick at home today.  It has been nearly two weeks with this chest infection and I believe I am relapsing.

I called in dead this morning.

My cousin Geoff ran his ass off  last night.. today... what time is it in Korea again? and has made it to the men's 1500 metre semifinal at the 2011 IAAF World Track and Field Championships in Daegu, South Korea.

You can read about his qualifying heat at CBC's site.

You can watch him run on September 01.  If I have done the conversion right (Daegu is 15 hours ahead), he will be running at 4.55 am Mountain time or 7.55 pm, local time.  If I've done the conversion wrong, complain to Lord Google that you want your money back.

(totally ripped off the Internets)




If you don't try to win you might as well hold the Olympics in somebody's back yard. ~ Jesse Owens