You own everything that happened to you. Tell your stories. If people wanted you to write warmly about them, they should have behaved better. ~ Anne Lamott

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Random Sauce, Part Eight

I'm just going to come out and say it.


I do not support the war effort or Canada's participation in that mess in the Middle East.  I do not recognize Queen Elizabeth as a queen, much less the queen of Canada.  I would never take an oath where I had to swear on a Bible that I would protect and defend her either.  I think it is time we removed Lizzie's face from our currency and stopped singing "God Save The Queen."


I'm pretty sure that all of this is going to get me kicked out of Canada, even though I bleed maple leafs.


Whatever.  Prince William needs hair plugs and Kate Middleton looks like she's been rode hard and put away wet.  Even the monarchy are not immune to human trappings like male pattern baldness and emaciation and fatigue resulting from blind ambition.


So there's that.


What I do support are the troops, the military personnel who took an oath to protect Canada and all that this country is and stands for.

Bless you for not being as selfish as I am.