You own everything that happened to you. Tell your stories. If people wanted you to write warmly about them, they should have behaved better. ~ Anne Lamott

Friday, December 10, 2010

More Fave Things

Avon has come a long way in the last few years.  One thing I love love love from them is their Liquid Freeze Quick Dry Spray.  If you are anything like me, I do not have the patience to sit and let my nails dry.  Also, when that final coat goes on, my bladder decides it is pee pee time.  Or the phone rings.  Or I get an itch on my foot but it is on the arch of my foot,  not quite at the bottom of the arch but definitely not something you can scratch without your nails.  I know you know.  The price point on this stuff is tres reasonable.


My love affair with Pampered Chef continues.  Their crinkle cutter is worth paying for.  Yes, that is code for I probably paid too much but I had to have it.



Not only do you get a great ripple cut on carrots or potatoes or any other vegetable for that matter, you can channel your inner Nigella when chopping herbs:


My new winter boots... Makayla's from Payless Shoes.  I don't live in Ms. Paltrow's world so her latest edition of Goop is pretty to look at but not what I'll be wearing this season.


 
Again, Images and Shades in Edmonton is amazing.  The essie brand of nail polish is my go to brand.  Images retails this stuff for about half the price of Shopper's Drug Mart other retailers.  Below are Rock Candy and Angora Cardi.


I love coffee.

I require coffee in the morning like you need air to breathe.

I am, without question, Team Tim Horton's.  I also was Team I Need A Travel Mug That Is Hard Plastic, Slender, And Has A Leak Proof Lid.  This was an ongoing issue for me until I cheated on Timmy's the other day and went to Starbucks.

I really had no choice.  That is where the driver was of the car I was in was going.

She is not Team Tim's.  She is Team I Want To Be Separated From My Hard Earned Money By Paying For Overpriced Shitty Burnt Coffee.

I entered Starbucks and my search was over.  I found this pretty mug, hard plastic (it is winter here kids), complete with leak proof lid.  I have put it in my lululemon bag, almost full, and never had it leak.  Of course, it was also standing upright and not swimming around on its side, co-mingling with my wallet and lunch.

The price you ask?  Well, I am not sure.  The kid working the till was a useless tit (shhhhh I am being nice) and fucked up every order that was taken before me so it should come as no surprise that he did not charge me for it.  Who knew a soy latte was so difficult?  Starbucks really has to work on training their people to deal with the 2:00 coffee rush.  Sooooo by the time I got to the till, I was well on my way to stabbing my eyes out.  The kid took the mug from me, TOOK THE HOW TO CARE FOR YOUR MUG INSERT OUT OF THE MUG, filled it with regular coffee, got my my chocolaty goodness treat from the display cabinet, and charged me $3.83.

Now, if the Dalai Lama, Jesus, and Allah had been standing behind me, I would pre-paid their order and would have corrected this creature who was stripping the life off me.  But they were not behind me and the kid had to know the mug was new because he TOOK THE HOW TO CARE FOR YOUR MUG INSERT OUT OF THE MUG and put it on the counter.  He even took the sale price sticker off the bottom of the mug and affixed it on the how to care for your mug insert before he filled it.

Am justified.

Am loving my mug.