You own everything that happened to you. Tell your stories. If people wanted you to write warmly about them, they should have behaved better. ~ Anne Lamott

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Thank You Berry Much

I have a Saskatoon berry bush taking over growing in my back yard.  The berries are almost ready to pick and I can't wait...


In the meantime, I will continue to negotiate my way through what can only be described as a Costco sized Ziploc freezer bag full of frozen berries because I do like berries with my oats.  Oats without berries is, well, just naked oats a la blah.

OATS WITH BERRIES AND CREAM



Makes one serving.

Ingredients:
1/2 c. uncooked oats (I prefer Quaker)
1 tsp. Splenda brown sugar
1/4 berries of your choice
2 tsp. cream or milk

Method:
-prepare the oats as per manufacturer's directions
-when oats are done, add brown sugar to mix and spoon into bowl
-top with berries and cream

Nutritional information (click to view full size):