You own everything that happened to you. Tell your stories. If people wanted you to write warmly about them, they should have behaved better. ~ Anne Lamott

Friday, October 8, 2010

I Always Feel Like Somebody's Watching Me

I know you're watching from afar.  I suspected you might be.  Or that you would at least pop in for a look.  Or eight.  Don't ask how I know, just understand that I do.

It's cool with me.

The way you left things isn't.

After all that happened, I really do deserve some kind of explanation.  Don't forget, above all things, we were best friends.  I was there for you even when you believed no one was.

I know you have your reasons.  I understand I may never fully understand those reasons.  Why not give me the benefit of the doubt and at least try to explain?

This silence, it smacks of cowardice.  I don't want to think that about you.  You're so much better than that.

I'll be honest -- it sucks that you would rather cause me misery, would rather have me believe you are dead, than tell me the truth.  I can handle the truth.  On many occasions it has been served up to me in large doses that would destroy most people.

I can handle the truth.

Question is, do you have the fortitude to say it?

I dare you to prove me wrong.

Oh ya, I went there.